Dr. Jonny Bowden, C.N.S. is a renowned author and America’s top nutrition, anti-aging, & weight loss expert.
Dr. Jonny’s work has been endorsed by a virtual Who’s Who in the world of Integrative Medicine and nutrition including Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Barry Sears, Dr. Louise Gittleman, and Dr. Christine Northup. Dr. Jonny shared this recipe with us that he says gives new meaning to the old phrase, “Melt in your mouth” . We think you will enjoy trying this recipe and we encourage you to visit Dr. Jonny at: www.jonnybowdenblog.com for
more great recipes & helpful tips on healthy living.
Yields 12 muffins
• 4 large bananas, peeled
• ¼ cup NuNaturals Sweet-X Xylitol
• ¼ cup NuNaturals MoreFiber™ Baking Blend, or their NuStevia Sweetener™ Stevia Baking blend
• 1 egg
• 1/3 cup Earth Balance™, or butter, and/or applesauce (use any one, or a blend of butter & applesauce)
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Spray a 12 muffin tine lightly with cooking oil.
• Beat bananas in a mixer until mostly smooth.
• Beat in sweetener, egg, and Earth Balance™, or applesauce mix, and set aside.
• In separate bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt & flour.
• Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix gently until just combined.
• Spoon into muffin tins, and bake for approx. 20 minutes.