Doughnuts, HEALTHY, GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE, NO WAY! Many of us have memories of growing up consuming a few doughnuts. Some of us may have a tough time driving by Krispy Kreme, especially when the “Red Light” is on, indicating “Hot Ones” coming off the line. This recipe may stretch the definition a bit, but they are shaped like doughnuts, they are doughy, like doughnuts, therefore Katie is calling her recipe a “MUFFNUT”, which became a Sugar Free Banana Muffin.
Visit Katie at; www.makingfoodandotherstuff.wordpress.com for many more great recipes.
Makes 2-3 dozen mini muffins
• 2 medium overly ripe bananas
• ½ cup NuNaturals MoreFiber™ Stevia Baking Blend, or their NuStevia Sweetener Baking Blend
• ¼ cup margarine (or butter)
• ¼ cup Almond milk
• 3 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 cups gluten free flour
• 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
OPTIONS TO “DONUT-IZE” for those brave NO WORRY DIETERS??
• Try a powdered sugar dusting
• Top with a vanilla glaze
• Go all out with a buttercream frosting
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Spray donut tin (or muffin pan) with non-stick spray
• Mix banana, margarine, almond milk, eggs, vanilla, and Stevia with a fork, leaving the banana slightly chunky.
• Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and xanthan, & stir until just combined.
• If you are using a donut pan, pour batter into a pastry bag, or a ziplock bag with the the corner snipped off. Pipe dough into pan. If using muffin pan, just fill approx. ¾ full.
• Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on size of donuts/muffins, or until toothpick comes out clean.
• Let cool in pan about 5 minutes & then transfer to cooling rack.
• They may stored in fridge for about a week, or they also freeze really well.