Judy loves to experiment in her kitchen & several of her innovative creations are AWARD WINNING recipes.
She has placed as a finalist in the Betty Crocker “ Bake Life Sweeter” contest, and the “Taste of Home/Branson Great American Pie “ contest. Judy is also a multiple year winner in the “ Better Homes & Gardens Prize Tested Recipes” contests. We encourage you to try one of her latest experiments using Stevia in this delicious Cobbler. Please visit her site www.judyskitchen.blogspot.com for more healthy tips.
COBBLER DOUGH ( adapted from Williams Sonoma)
· ¼ cup almond meal or ground almonds
· 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
· 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
· ¼ tsp. sea salt
· 4 ½ packets NuNaturals NuStevia™ White Stevia Powder
· 7 Tblsp. Smart Balance™ 50/50 butter blend cut into small pieces( pieces size of small peas)
· 1 egg yolk
· 2 Tblsp. Limoncello, or plain vodka ( or ice water)
Ingredients : APPLE FILLING ( Judy's Kitchen )
· 2 large apples
· 2 tsp. lemon juice
· 5 packets NuNaturals NuStevia™ White Stevia Powder + ½ tsp. molasses
· 2 tsp. cornstarch
· ½ tsp. cinnamon
· 1 Tblsp. Smart Balance™ 50/50 Butter Blend ( or butter, if desired)
COBBLER DOUGH (yields 2 cobbler doughs)
In work bowl of food processor, combine almond meal, NuStevia, flours, & salt, mix to combine, being sure almonds are finely ground.
· Add Smart Balance™ & pulse till mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
· In small bowl, whisk egg yolk, Limoncello, & pour over flour mixture & mix in quick, short motions till dough pulls together. Do not over mix.
· Transfer dough to work surface, divided into 2 pieces. Pat each into ball, then into discs. Refrigerate, wrapped in plastic wrap, at least 30 minutes. ( Freeze for up to 3 months)
Directions for APPLE FILLING ( yields 4 servings )
· Preheat oven to 425 F. Peel, core, & quarter apples. Cut into ½” slices.
· Grease a small pan, add the apples, toss with lemon juice, NuStevia, cornstarch, cinnamon, & butter.
· Roll out the pastry to fit the top of the pan, place over apples, crimp edges as desired.
· Place pan on large sheet of aluminum foil that can be pulled over the pan as needed. Place the pan in the foil in a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Leave the foil flat and bake 15 minutes.
· Reduce heat to 350 F and bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or till apples are tender & bubbling and crust is nicely browned. If crust browns too quickly, pull foil up to cover it.